Sunday, December 7, 2008

Moving Forward,XIJEN


In the year 1992 a private Institution was opened to public, it was then called XIJEN INSTITUTE of TECHNOLOGY that is located at Fagsao Building, Poblacion. The school was opened and operated by Mr. Joel Fagsao.
Now for the first time in Mountain province a private College was opened again to public with its new name XIJEN COLLEGE OF MOUNTAIN PROVINCE and new location with the new building at Upper Caluttit, Bontoc.
Sir Joel began teaching with just a few students and few computers, that time Bontoc people was not yet familiarized on how to use computer and even some don’t know what a computer is, and some are not even interested to learn, but some tried it, then year after year the population of the students has increased. And I am one lucky student who enrolled and we are using now the new building with its complete equipments all the things you want to learn they teach you and they are always on the new things that are discovered especially about computers.
My first time in this school I thought it was an ordinary school like the school I first enrolled in especially the day we are oriented Sir Joel said, and I quote “Students at XIJEN are not treated as students but as CLIENTS” when I heard this I did not really believed in his statement and I even laugh at what he said but when months passed after he delivered that speech they really proved to us students that we are treated as clients, the teachers see to it that each and every students will understand the lesson, they see to it that we will have a good memory in each day we learn from them and yes! We have the best and understanding teachers in town and we have the energetic and friendly staff and the Dean and one of my co- students said and I believe in it, we have the CEO who is a “Down to earth man” no wonder he succeeds in the business he built and I now he has many friends he gain because of his positive attitude. One thing I was really impressed was the way he treat students when he has free time instead of going home and do some paper works he gather students and teach them anything about computer we even have free seminars he conducted, he knows how to divide his time with his family with the Staff and faculty and especially with us students. And yes! In this school we are really treated as Clients, Especial clients
It’s not just the facilities that is fast improving even the courses they offer are fast increasing. Like this year they are now offering a four year course like BS Information Technology, BSED Major in Filipino and BS Entrepreneurship which we all now it is accredited in CHED. XIJEN is really fast improving year after year students come to enroll in this school because they believe in the abilities of the teachers and they believe that they will teach them well like clients.
At present I know I have chosen the right school even thought I am only enrolled in an vocational course and our house is far from the school I am still enjoying it, I have learn to be confident in the way I didn’t really imagine I can and thanks to my co-students and teachers they helped me to be confident. And one thing I love in this school students really can debate with the teachers and the teachers are even eager to answer.
XIJEN COLLEGE is really a UNIQUE SCHOOL!